Friday, July 22, 2011

Disrespect and Lies

Those butterflies and uncontrollable smiles you get when you meet someone new can be quite distracting from the red flags you should be paying attention to.  Anytime you meet someone new you enjoy the person they pretend to be to impress you.  Sometimes its not far from who they really are, sometimes it's a complete show.  It's no secret that I'm a hopeless romantic, somewhat old fashioned, in search of love and my happily ever after.  I think it's nice for a man to open the door for a woman, take her to lunch or dinner on a first date, send sweet text messages out of the blue...etc.  The most important thing for me is respect.  Without respect the relationship will never be healthy.  I recently met a man whom was so charming that I overlooked the fact that he was lacking EVERYTHING I was looking for in a man, and possessed things I never wanted in a man.  The more I see the man he really is the more disgusted I get not only with him, but with myself for even lowering my standards for a man.  Knowing now that everything I liked about this man was a show, this man I was falling for was all a lie, I have closed that door and am done with it.  Now this man just won't leave my life quietly.  He got mad that I didn't want to have anything to do with him and approached my friend to tell her Im "crazy." He then proceeded to come to my friends birthday party, and if that wasn't enough he flew a girl out to LA just to piss me off.  Not only did I see right through his manipulative scheme, but I just didn't care.  He made himself look foolish.  I have decided that since he won't leave me alone and my "friends" were just as disrespectful as he was- I've cut them all out of my life.  I don't deserve to be disrespected by a man who is of no importance in my life nor by females who are supposed to be my friends.  At the end of the day I want to be happy and surrounded by positive energy.  It's unfortunate that you let people into your life and they don't appreciate you, but I guess that's yet another way God tests our strength.  I also believe he always shines light on evil if we take too long to respond to his tests of strength.

1 comment: